This dish is perfect for fall with seasonal veggies and that hint of autumn spice. I love root vegetables and this recipe spotlights a couple of favorites. Served as a side or eaten alone, you can be sure this one will become a tradition :)
- 2 cups of chopped cubed carrots
- 2 cups of chopped cubed yams
- Juice from 1 Orange
- 2 oz raisins (2 snack size boxes)
- 1/2 cup of coconut meat. (I scooped out of a fresh coconut, if you can’t find a fresh coconut you can probably find prepacked coconut.)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons of nondairy butter
- Walnuts to top (optional)
Step1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut carrots and peel and cut yams. Place in a casserole dish. Mix the brown sugar, coconut, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, butter, and the juice from the squeezed orange in a blender until ingredients and mixed together well then throw in the raisins.
Step2: Pour glaze over carrots and yams and mix well. Cover and place in the oven and bake for 45 mins to an hour.
Great as a Thanksgiving side!