This is a quick and tasty vegan version of a deep dish pizza.
- Cast Iron skillet or deep dish pizza pan
- 1 package of pizza dough (I used Trader Joe’s wheat dough)
- 1 jar of pizza sauce (vegan) or of course, homemade
- Pizza toppings : onions, peppers, mushrooms, olives, roasted garlic, fresh herbs, red chili flakes, vegan pepperoni or sausage, etc.
- Diaya vegan mozzarella shreds or any other dairy free cheese
1.) Add about 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to your skillet or pan and spread around so it evenly coats the bottom and sides. (You can also use a non- stick spray.) Form the dough into the pan and push it up onto the sides to make the crust.
2.) Now you can add your sauce, and then toppings. Use as much as you’d like! Add the mozzarella sheds.
3.) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Once the oven is heated put the pizza in for about 20-25 mins or until crust is golden brown.
Serve with a side of fresh greens and ENJOY!