I just got back from a relaxing camping trip at Lake Nacimiento Resort in Paso Robles, CA. We have made the four-hour (now five with our dogs) trip up the coast for that last five years. This particular trip was different as this would be only my second camping trip since becoming a vegan and the first trip for my boyfriend since becoming a vegetarian (so proud!). I wanted to make this trip fun, especially with the food. So here are a few yummy vegan camping goodies I made for this trip!
TBLT ( Tempeh Bacon, lettuce, tomato) and Hashbrowns
This is perfect for a breakfast with a view! The TBLT is easy to make and so tasty. Here’s what you’ll need: (makes 2)
- 1 package of Tofurky tempeh smokey maple bacon
- 1 -2 lettuce leaves
- 1 small tomato
- 4 slices of bread ( I used Ezekiel sprouted bread )
- vegan mayo (I used follow your heart)
- I put Avocado on mine!
- Fruit to garnish (optional)
Put a little oil in a pan and cook the tempeh bacon until crispy. Then assemble your TBLT however you’d like!
Tropical Vegan Kabobs
These are fun to make and even more fun to eat! You can use your favorite veggies for this or the ones I used. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bamboo skewers
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 onion
- Button mushrooms
- 1 pineapple
- 1 package of Gardein bbq skewers
- Oil & seasoning
- Your favorite dipping sauce
Cut the veggies and pineapple into small/medium pieces. Start Skewering! Brush them with a little oil and seasoning and place them on the grill. Charcoal tastes best but you can use whatever you have.
These are a camping classic and a must have for any camping trip! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ghram crackers without honey (I got the cinnamon kind)
- Dandies Vegan Marshmallows (you can get them at wholefoods)
- 70% Dark chocolate (I used Trader Joes brand)
You know what to do…