Everyone enjoys a classic banana split, and as vegan there are no exceptions. This olde fashioned dessert is simple to make and will put a smile on any ones face.
- 1 banana
- nondairy vanilla ice cream
- nondairy chocolate ice cream
- nondairy strawberry ice cream
- your favorite vegan toppings
Step1: Peel the banana and cut in half length wise. Place in a long shallow dish or bowl. Take one big scoop of each ice cream flavor and put in between the banana halves. Place as many topping as you’d like. I kept it simple and just used a blueberry syrup, but you can get creative with nuts, chocolate topping, fruit, etc.
I used to make and eat these with my mother when I was little. They are easy, yummy and cruelty free!
- 3/4 – 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 of margarine or dairy free butter
- 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 of crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups of quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Step 1: In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, coconut milk, margarine, and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened.
Back to Rare Tee.