As much as I hate to admit it summer it coming to an end, even if feels like it’s just getting started here in Southern California. This sweet treat was fun to make and just as tasty!
The coconut cookie cups are a perfect pair with some good vegan ice cream, and the best part is they are pretty healthy! Since these yummy things are gluten free, they are made with coconut flour. This was my fist time using coconut flour and I have to admit I was a bit nervous. I scoured through numerous recipes online to find the perfect one for me. I finally came upon one that looked great, but it needed to be veganized! I was pleasantly surprised how yummy they were. The coconut flour gives them a wonderful light flavor and a great texture. Hope you’ll love them as much as we did!
- 2 Flaxseed eggs (1egg= 1 tbsp ground flaxseed, 3 tbsp of warm water, let it sit for 3 mins)
- ¼ cup coconut oil – melted
- ¼ cup organic sugar (or any sugar you prefer)
- ½ cup almond milk (soy or coconut works too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and take a muffin tin a turn upside down and with a non- stick spray lightly spry the bottom.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flax seed with melted coconut oil, sugar, almond milk, vanilla, and salt.
3. Stir in coconut flour. (add more if needed) Take a spoon full of cookie dough and form it over each muffin tin. *Make sure to cover completely. Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until browned.
4. Let cookies cool completely cool. Once they have cool down gently take them off the muffin tin.
Fill with your favorite vegan ice cream or even use them as mini pie crusts. The possibilities are endless! Enjoy!