- 4-5 large potatoes
- 1/4 package of tofurky veggie crumbles (meatless ground)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 not-beef bullion cube or veggie bouillon cube
- 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoons of nondairy butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup of water
Step1: Fill a large pot with water (about 1/4 of the way) and turn on a high heat. You can throw a little salt in the water if you’d like. Peel and cut your potatoes into medium/small cubes. Put those in the pot.(It doesn’t matter if the water is boiling)
Step2: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium size sauce pan heat the butter until melted. Add the chopped carrots, onion, veggie crumbles, and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent. Add the water and bouillon cube and let this simmer until the carrots are soft and about half of the water has cook off. Mash the potatoes and add a little nondairy butter and milk to make it creamy.
Step3: Pour the veggie mixture into a casserole dish and then spoon and smooth the potatoes over the mixture. Place in the oven for 15mins.
Serve with The Perfect Vegan Gravy and you’ll have the perfect fall dinner!