This dish was created on a “make what I have on hand” kind of day. I really didn’t want to go to the store and I had some veggies I wanted to use before they went bad. Its a great alternitive to quiche.
- 1 14 oz package of firm tofu
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup of Tofurkey Chorizo (optional)
- 1/4 cup of sliced shiitake muchrooms
- 1 pie crust (vegan)
- 1 tablespoon of cashew butter
- 1 cup of swiss green chard
- 1 flaxseed egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds + 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme, crushed with your fingers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
Step1: Cut the onion, mushrooms, chard, and set aside. Open the tofu a press as much water out as possible. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Step2: Take the cut veggies, tofu, and seasoning place in a blender and mix together until everything is blended. (careful not to liquify)
Step3: After blending put the mixture in a bowl, add chorizo and the flaxseed egg. Mix. Scoop into pie crust and bake for 30mins or until it is set.
Serve for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!